Thursday, December 31, 2015
Monday, December 28, 2015
Sunday, December 27, 2015
Friday, December 25, 2015
While I have a few moments of peace and quiet( i know right) I wanted to wish everyone the most blessed and happiness of Christmas's. This Christmas is a far cry from last year and I can't believe how the happiness has returned. So now that the holiday retail season has finally went from insane to a dull roar I can give a update. My ankle is fractured so I am slow moving. Getting a update in the new year so there will be quite a few post from a hopeful but cranky perspective. We are working on the house and hopefully will be starting the remodel very soon. I am also getting back to the private resale biz again...Please check me out on offerup.com you can just put my name in the search bar and there I am. Plus all my online work sites that I do, Those you can find on my extra money page. Follow my links and be part of my down line. Well since its Christmas I will not spout work but I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Much love and Blessings to you and yours.
Monday, December 14, 2015
Hey all posting is kinda hard right now with the holiday season. Especially now that I injured myself. Hubby us making me go get checked out at the ER my foot is swelling to hell. Goes to show what a true clutz I am. I will update later.
Here is a update...I fractured my ankle. Sucks so much. But it is what it is.
Thursday, December 3, 2015
﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ Its a Fact - http://pinterest.com/pin/A1GIhQAQAC4E9R_PKJgAAAA/?s=3&m=blogger
Monday, November 30, 2015
I know people are going to say but Angie Jesus is the reason for the season. OK yes I agree religion and God is important however timing is a bit off. But that's a age old theology debate that will take to long to discuss.
Anyway the real reason for the season. Our family, the ones we love. Religion aside our friends and family are the ones who make the holidays worth while. So while your working to the bone planning the perfect day remember the reason your doing it.
Sunday, November 22, 2015
Sears/ Kmart Shop Your Way Rewards... I shop at both stores. When you shop at the store you earn points every time you shop. Those points convert to a cash value, then on top of that they give you free money as well. For example tonight I went to buy a pair of boots for my daughter for Christmas and they had loaded a free $10.00 earlier that day. So the boots plus the points I had accumulated previously were free. FREE MONEY IS AWESOME. Then I had had a points offer where if I spend $10 in home fashions they would give me $10 more to spend. So I ended picking up a few Christmas gifts for half the cost. They also do select in-store pricing and have deals at both stores. Plus when you use the app and check in you can get coupons for your shopping trip that day. Win Win.
Winn Dixie Fuel Perks! OK I have people tell me Winn Dixie is not the cheapest place around. However that is not entirely true about any store its about knowing your prices. I get a ton of great deals from there as well as the other stores that are near where I live. But seriously I check the ad and there are always items that get you extra change off your gas but be smart don't buy stuff just to get the fuel perk buy it because you like the stuff. Plus every $50 spent in store gets you .05 more off your gas. I like cheaper gas with the gas guzzler I drive. Beside you can auto load coupons onto your rewards account so again a Win Win!!!
Last but not least is the Walgreen's rewards program. Having the Walgreen card gets you special pricing but it again earns you money back to use on future purchases. This is another store I frequent because its right around the corner from my home so I can swing in and pick some stuff up. But remember that if you shop there some of there health and beauty can be more expensive then at other stores. But they do take coupons and you earn money to spend while shopping in the future.
If you know of any more great rewards programs please let me know in the comment section so I can add it so everyone else will know. Who doesn't like sharing some knowledge sometime. If you like what your reading I ask you to please follow the Blog by using that fantastic widget ( who doesn't like that word its fun widget) Till next time may you truly be blessed with the ones that matter most to you.
Thursday, November 19, 2015
- When going to any store you want to have a plan in place, start with making a list of whats the most important items on your list. If they seem to be out the items find the nearest sales person find out if there is more in back and if not see if its order-able. Yes people see if you can order the item get it there are no rain checks, so for example say those boots you want are $19.99 and they are out of your size get a sales associate spend the three minutes with that sales person and order them. However be prepared to use the plastic at this point because on Black Friday if it is paid by card you automatically get the order processed, with a pending cash payment the item can be sold to another, CASH DOES NOT HOLD IT!
- If your a set of spouses shopping together... Split up to make it go faster, then after you get the super important items on your list meet up for the basic stuff. We all have cell phones people you won't lose each other that's what they are there for.
- Do some prep work. Some stores are doing Thanksgiving night and 5 am Black Friday door busters. They both will have some good deals don't be afraid to miss out on one set at one store to get another set at another store.
- Also big ticket items will not be available for online purchase. That amazing TV or laptop is in store only. Don't be crying to the store manager or staff because you could not add it to cart and get the deal price. We don't care because somewhere in the ad it said in store only.
- Remember Cyber Monday. You can get some phenomenal deals online for in store pick up or be the smart one if its free shipping its a great way to send those Christmas gifts to another state and not have to spend a dime on shipping (also having to wait at the post office in the 30 to 45 min line).
- This is my favorite one... Remember your mom and pop, and small stores, also your small charity stores that are run by the churches. These businesses are your friends and neighbors and they rely on your business to survive so please this holiday season stop in and see what amazing gifts you can find!
Monday, November 16, 2015
Do you think retail workers take more then their fair share abuse this time year? | Tellwut.com
I swear I would love to see some cooler weather for Thanksgiving and going into the Christmas season. It's a week till turkey day and I have my air conditioner on. This weather however will not stop me from baking the holiday goodies. I wish you all health and happiness!!!
Sunday, November 15, 2015
Well all it will be sporadic on posts for the next few weeks. More then likely it will be from my cell while the hubby drives us around. Retail work during the holidays are the worst. I am hoping that this might be my last holiday season. I have unfortunately been saying that for 4 holiday seasons now. But I need buffers. I need to make sure working from home works. But anyway with all the craziness going on in the world hold onto your loved ones. Hold onto the ones who mean the world to you and don't stop telling them you love them. Till next time peace and love.
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
- DO NOT WAIT TILL LAST MINUTE.... this point I can not express more. I had this happen last year at my job, A gentleman wanted to get his wife a pair of fashion boots but they were a little pricey. However price or not they were selling quite fast. He came in every week and looked at them. I suggested that if he was sure he wanted them but was unsure of the price to put them on layaway because I could not guarantee the boots would be here when he was ready to purchase. When he came in three days before Christmas to buy the boots we were sold out in her size as well as every store for 50 miles around. Lets just say he was not happy, accused me of a bunch of crap, called me terrible names. However this year he brought his wife in already and then came back the next day and bought all the boots she liked so lesson learned on his part.
- WORK A LITTLE WITH YOUR SALES ASSOCIATE WE WILL TRY TO MOVE MOUNTAINS.... This part is double true at my store we had a wonderful woman who wanted to get her twin teens matching dresses and shoes. We had the shoes but not the dresses. However we could get the dresses but they wouldn't be in till December 26. So we went above and beyond for her and took a potentially bad situation and made it okay. She brought the shoes for the girls and ordered the dresses. We went the extra mile and printed pictures of the dresses and sold her the fancy gift boxes to put the pictures in and a even made the bows and ribbons so all she had to do was wrap the shoes. Turned a potentially bad situation into a great one and she has been back ever since shopping almost every week.
- DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP.... We are trained, we can and will help you with whatever resources we have at our disposal. Your hubby wants that Star Wars t shirt in extra large. We don't have it however we can order it from the next sears and you can pick it up at their online pickup area. Or your not sure of your girlfriends size. Show us a picture or point out someone who has the same body shape. Need a TV, tool, ect. we can help but only is you ask. We have so many people who we will ask do you need help say no or out right ignore us then get loud saying You don't have it, when if they would have asked we did.
- ACTUALLY READ THE AD.... words like in select stores, limited quantities, during specific times are actually in there. Club members pricing as well. We do have to adhere to the ad for the most part, help us help you.
- PRICE MATCHING DOES NOT EXISTS ON BLACK FRIDAY WEEKEND... that's right people if you go to most retail stores who price match it does say that black Friday weekend there is no price matching. That goes for sure at most retailers.
- IF YOU HAVE A COUPON.... I love coupons however please be sure to read the exclusions. Clearance, hot buys and special deals in most stores are excluded as well. Again on black Friday weekend a lot of coupons are excluded.
- OH STORES LIKE YOURS ARE THE REASON YOU POOR PEOPLE HAVE TO WORK THANKSGIVING.... Last year I heard that so many times I seriously had to laugh. People who say that make me laugh because they are saying it on Thanksgiving night with a over flowing shopping cart. When you work retail or are hired on for retail you are told full out that you are working the whole weekend. That includes Thanksgiving night. We know what we signed on for. But you saying it as your shopping is irony.
- YOUR WORKERS HAVE BEEN ON THEIR FEET FOR 10-12 HOURS.... Yes management, full timers and our amazing workers have been moving their bums for 10-12 hour rotations on black Friday weekend. We do a ton of behind the scenes stuff to make your shopping experience fun and satisfying. We go through a wickedly insane amount of coffee, energy drinks, Sugar. and snacks. My self personally had I think at one point last year a 2 liter of Pepsi, coffee, candy bars, energy drinks, apples with nutella, and cheddar popcorn on my desk.
- USE YOUR MANNERS... Don't be a dick on the day your supposed to be thankful for what you have. Use your manners people we are human to and want to do our job, have to ask the questions we do and can only be so fast. We would much rather be home with our families then working.
Sunday, November 1, 2015
Saturday, October 31, 2015
Monday, October 26, 2015
Friday, October 23, 2015
There will be no judging because I will still be cooking and baking but I will be doing so in moderation. Changing my life and waist one goal at a time. You are not alone and please feel free to contact me if you need a cheer squad I have your back.
Monday, October 19, 2015
Saturday, October 17, 2015
Thursday, October 15, 2015
Well as most working moms know a day off really is a dream. Our days off normally consist of chores, errands and that just starts the list. I do not know why for the life of me I thought that today would be any different. Last night my amazing 14 year old texted me at work and says her knee is hurting her bad. Well she has a history with her knee so I call the doctor and make a appointment. I figured today would be a go to the doctors visit, take her to school go home and tackle the mountain of laundry at home. Well that and work from home. Nope! Now not to worry anyone she is OK and being treated by her fabulous pediatrician. But she had major tendon/ knee swelling and a bit of fluid forming around the knee. So we had to go to get her a knee immobilizer and then a field trip to the local radiology place to get X-ray's just in case. We get a recheck in 3 weeks. Not including a few extra errands... I am wiped. I had such a headache the words lord have mercy crossed my mind a few times. But Megan is immobile now and resting. However she has now been grounded no physical activity for 3 weeks. She is heartbroken because she has been training for ROTC competition and now it's a no go. She does understand her health comes first and she can go cheer her group on.
On the otherside of the coin. Today 20 years ago my beautiful, amazing, Intelligent, awesome, talented daughter Autumn came into this world kicking and screaming. She stole my heart and I am extremely proud of what a amazing young woman she is. She awes me daily. I wished she lived closer.
So that's the latest and greatest from my crazy life. I hope your days are full of adventure and love.
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
So I hear the question now so Angie why a work post? Well funny you might have mentioned that. At work tonight while I was cleaning my department I had some lady destroy the department and then snap her fingers at me like I was a dog. Snapping.....Well I was so busy cleaning up that I did not hear her snapping. Then after a few minutes of snapping she came over to me and said, "can't you hear me?" To which i replied with my biggest smile "Oh I am so sorry I didn't hear you say anything!" Listen we retail folk are human and if you want to snap at us like we are dogs I promise you that we will pretend we didn't hear you plain and simple.
So let me give you all a crash course in what really is going to happen when you say certain statements.
- Yes we work here!
- No we don't care that its cheaper at Walmart.
- Oh sorry the item you wanted at the really awesome price that is listed as while supplies last really meant while supplies last!
- What we are losing a customer because you are trying to either return stolen merchandise, return something that is well outside the return policy, something you broke and want a new one, or my personal favorite you just want to act like a self entitled snob who thinks the world belongs to them
- You want a manager.... I am the manager on duty but sure let me get another manager who will tell you the same exact thing.
- You want corporate phone number OK!!! this is my personal favorite you call them and i don't have to deal with you.
- Oh yes we are going to give you such extreme customer service if we believe your stealing and no you can't get us into trouble because guess what we are protecting the store.
- Oh I am so sorry that ad ended yesterday... read the dates people. To be serious for a second though we have been known to help out a customer if the sale ended to be nice but don't come in with a attitude because you forgot about the sale because then you will get a reply of " Oh I am so sorry but we have to adhere to the ad."
- If you are being rude and awesome I can guarantee you that the whole store knows who you are and will take the longest time finding a solution.
- Oh and I am smiling because if I don't i will punch you in the face.
Friday, October 9, 2015
I have come to a conclusion people are very self entitled. No, I am not being the pot calling the kettle black I know I am selfish sometimes. But as we go into a time of year where we are supposed to be thankful for the little things....OK HOLD UP. We should be thankful for the little things year round. I mean seriously people....but back to the regularly schedule blog. I work retail... I see people struggling looking for deals and bargains. I see parents going without so their kids have what they need... that's a true parent. I see Grandparents helping out their kids getting their kids but also the grand-kids what they need. You see the gratitude in some but then you see the opposite side of the coin.....
Some music please.....
- Mom I know little Johnny needs shoes and we can't afford them but he only wears the $150 Nikes.
- Oh gee Grams I know I can't afford cloths but I want the $50 jeans instead of 3 pairs of $10 jeans when they are the same quality.
- Or mom I know I need to pay my electric bill but I really need to pay for the kids to go to the concert I promised them.
- Why yes I can't afford to put food on the table that's why I need to borrow the money I had to pay for my 8 years old cell phone bill. WHat does a 8 year old need with his or her own phone are you kidding me.
- Or the grandmas that tried to be nice and purchased $250 plus of really nice cloths and come back heart broken because the grandchild told them it wasn't good enough....this one broke my heart personally because we had a grandma buy her 2 granddaughters some really kick butt outfits for no other reason but to spoil the grand-kids One granddaughter was head over heals thanking her grandma and one literally threw them aside and said i don't were this crap. Grandma was devastated. One granddaughter has it right the other needs a reality check.
- My personal favorite I make homemade gifts. I put a lot of effort into making things an people just throw them aside or away or re-gift it. I actually made a throw for someone close to me took me 3 weeks of crocheting every night. I went to a mutual friends house three months later and the throw I made for someone was re-gifted to the mutual friend as a birthday gift one week after I gave it to the recipient. I never again made that person another gift ever again.
- Or when you have people take things from you without permission and then they say its mine I had it forever, No i have the receipts i just purchased it a week ago.... Or no matter what you do for someone its not enough.
I guess my rant ran out of steam.. But remember to treat others as you want to be treated,,,Be thankful for the little things. I for one miss all the little handmade things my grandma used to make me. My first Christmas without her was devastating when I had no new little Christmas decoration from my Grandmas very own hands.,, Don't ask others for stuff you really don't need and if you have to swallow your pride be thankful enough to accept what they are giving you and not ask for more.
Peace and love this soon to be holiday season and until next time give someone you know a hand. a hug, a kiss.
First off I would like to say how angry I am. My teens just informed me that they were moved to a new highschool via the new zoning. Now the wonderfully intelligent people with the zoning committee stuck my kids in a school 9 miles from my home. When our current school is 3 miles from my home. A rival School. A school that my husband and I both participated against. A school that is substandard and not as good as the one they attend now (in my opinion). I was informed my junior next year could possibly go to the school via school choice "possibly". Then my daughter who is embedded in the Springstead ROTC program will have a minimal chance of getting in with school choice. So now my husband and I have a choice. Fill out the paperwork and hope both teens make school choice. Pull our kids out and put them in virtual school. Or move back into Springsteads school zone which is most likely what's going to happen. Sorry I am venting but seriously 3 miles or 9 miles it's ridiculous.
I was also asked why I didn't go to any if the meetings. I was never given a notice on them.