He he, every time I say "Black Friday is Coming", I get the Game of Thrones Meme going through my head! As you know one of my three jobs is I work retail. Seriously though as much as I hate giving up my Thanksgiving night (this is hopefully my last year), It is wild seeing people going after what they consider deals. I know some are great, but its funny watching people rushing to get to a item that was cheaper three weeks earlier. So after getting to know so extreme Black Friday shoppers here are a few tips that I learned that might just help you get those items you want.
- When going to any store you want to have a plan in place, start with making a list of whats the most important items on your list. If they seem to be out the items find the nearest sales person find out if there is more in back and if not see if its order-able. Yes people see if you can order the item get it there are no rain checks, so for example say those boots you want are $19.99 and they are out of your size get a sales associate spend the three minutes with that sales person and order them. However be prepared to use the plastic at this point because on Black Friday if it is paid by card you automatically get the order processed, with a pending cash payment the item can be sold to another, CASH DOES NOT HOLD IT!
- If your a set of spouses shopping together... Split up to make it go faster, then after you get the super important items on your list meet up for the basic stuff. We all have cell phones people you won't lose each other that's what they are there for.
- Do some prep work. Some stores are doing Thanksgiving night and 5 am Black Friday door busters. They both will have some good deals don't be afraid to miss out on one set at one store to get another set at another store.
- Also big ticket items will not be available for online purchase. That amazing TV or laptop is in store only. Don't be crying to the store manager or staff because you could not add it to cart and get the deal price. We don't care because somewhere in the ad it said in store only.
- Remember Cyber Monday. You can get some phenomenal deals online for in store pick up or be the smart one if its free shipping its a great way to send those Christmas gifts to another state and not have to spend a dime on shipping (also having to wait at the post office in the 30 to 45 min line).
- This is my favorite one... Remember your mom and pop, and small stores, also your small charity stores that are run by the churches. These businesses are your friends and neighbors and they rely on your business to survive so please this holiday season stop in and see what amazing gifts you can find!
I hope this list helped a little. But most of all have fun this Thanksgiving and remember what is truly important I sure will be. But if you go shopping after those deals please be safe out there. May whichever god or goddess you pray to watch over you and yours this holiday season.