Saturday, October 31, 2015
Monday, October 26, 2015
Friday, October 23, 2015
There will be no judging because I will still be cooking and baking but I will be doing so in moderation. Changing my life and waist one goal at a time. You are not alone and please feel free to contact me if you need a cheer squad I have your back.
Monday, October 19, 2015
Saturday, October 17, 2015
Thursday, October 15, 2015
Well as most working moms know a day off really is a dream. Our days off normally consist of chores, errands and that just starts the list. I do not know why for the life of me I thought that today would be any different. Last night my amazing 14 year old texted me at work and says her knee is hurting her bad. Well she has a history with her knee so I call the doctor and make a appointment. I figured today would be a go to the doctors visit, take her to school go home and tackle the mountain of laundry at home. Well that and work from home. Nope! Now not to worry anyone she is OK and being treated by her fabulous pediatrician. But she had major tendon/ knee swelling and a bit of fluid forming around the knee. So we had to go to get her a knee immobilizer and then a field trip to the local radiology place to get X-ray's just in case. We get a recheck in 3 weeks. Not including a few extra errands... I am wiped. I had such a headache the words lord have mercy crossed my mind a few times. But Megan is immobile now and resting. However she has now been grounded no physical activity for 3 weeks. She is heartbroken because she has been training for ROTC competition and now it's a no go. She does understand her health comes first and she can go cheer her group on.
On the otherside of the coin. Today 20 years ago my beautiful, amazing, Intelligent, awesome, talented daughter Autumn came into this world kicking and screaming. She stole my heart and I am extremely proud of what a amazing young woman she is. She awes me daily. I wished she lived closer.
So that's the latest and greatest from my crazy life. I hope your days are full of adventure and love.
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
So I hear the question now so Angie why a work post? Well funny you might have mentioned that. At work tonight while I was cleaning my department I had some lady destroy the department and then snap her fingers at me like I was a dog. Snapping.....Well I was so busy cleaning up that I did not hear her snapping. Then after a few minutes of snapping she came over to me and said, "can't you hear me?" To which i replied with my biggest smile "Oh I am so sorry I didn't hear you say anything!" Listen we retail folk are human and if you want to snap at us like we are dogs I promise you that we will pretend we didn't hear you plain and simple.
So let me give you all a crash course in what really is going to happen when you say certain statements.
- Yes we work here!
- No we don't care that its cheaper at Walmart.
- Oh sorry the item you wanted at the really awesome price that is listed as while supplies last really meant while supplies last!
- What we are losing a customer because you are trying to either return stolen merchandise, return something that is well outside the return policy, something you broke and want a new one, or my personal favorite you just want to act like a self entitled snob who thinks the world belongs to them
- You want a manager.... I am the manager on duty but sure let me get another manager who will tell you the same exact thing.
- You want corporate phone number OK!!! this is my personal favorite you call them and i don't have to deal with you.
- Oh yes we are going to give you such extreme customer service if we believe your stealing and no you can't get us into trouble because guess what we are protecting the store.
- Oh I am so sorry that ad ended yesterday... read the dates people. To be serious for a second though we have been known to help out a customer if the sale ended to be nice but don't come in with a attitude because you forgot about the sale because then you will get a reply of " Oh I am so sorry but we have to adhere to the ad."
- If you are being rude and awesome I can guarantee you that the whole store knows who you are and will take the longest time finding a solution.
- Oh and I am smiling because if I don't i will punch you in the face.
Friday, October 9, 2015
I have come to a conclusion people are very self entitled. No, I am not being the pot calling the kettle black I know I am selfish sometimes. But as we go into a time of year where we are supposed to be thankful for the little things....OK HOLD UP. We should be thankful for the little things year round. I mean seriously people....but back to the regularly schedule blog. I work retail... I see people struggling looking for deals and bargains. I see parents going without so their kids have what they need... that's a true parent. I see Grandparents helping out their kids getting their kids but also the grand-kids what they need. You see the gratitude in some but then you see the opposite side of the coin.....
Some music please.....
- Mom I know little Johnny needs shoes and we can't afford them but he only wears the $150 Nikes.
- Oh gee Grams I know I can't afford cloths but I want the $50 jeans instead of 3 pairs of $10 jeans when they are the same quality.
- Or mom I know I need to pay my electric bill but I really need to pay for the kids to go to the concert I promised them.
- Why yes I can't afford to put food on the table that's why I need to borrow the money I had to pay for my 8 years old cell phone bill. WHat does a 8 year old need with his or her own phone are you kidding me.
- Or the grandmas that tried to be nice and purchased $250 plus of really nice cloths and come back heart broken because the grandchild told them it wasn't good enough....this one broke my heart personally because we had a grandma buy her 2 granddaughters some really kick butt outfits for no other reason but to spoil the grand-kids One granddaughter was head over heals thanking her grandma and one literally threw them aside and said i don't were this crap. Grandma was devastated. One granddaughter has it right the other needs a reality check.
- My personal favorite I make homemade gifts. I put a lot of effort into making things an people just throw them aside or away or re-gift it. I actually made a throw for someone close to me took me 3 weeks of crocheting every night. I went to a mutual friends house three months later and the throw I made for someone was re-gifted to the mutual friend as a birthday gift one week after I gave it to the recipient. I never again made that person another gift ever again.
- Or when you have people take things from you without permission and then they say its mine I had it forever, No i have the receipts i just purchased it a week ago.... Or no matter what you do for someone its not enough.
I guess my rant ran out of steam.. But remember to treat others as you want to be treated,,,Be thankful for the little things. I for one miss all the little handmade things my grandma used to make me. My first Christmas without her was devastating when I had no new little Christmas decoration from my Grandmas very own hands.,, Don't ask others for stuff you really don't need and if you have to swallow your pride be thankful enough to accept what they are giving you and not ask for more.
Peace and love this soon to be holiday season and until next time give someone you know a hand. a hug, a kiss.
First off I would like to say how angry I am. My teens just informed me that they were moved to a new highschool via the new zoning. Now the wonderfully intelligent people with the zoning committee stuck my kids in a school 9 miles from my home. When our current school is 3 miles from my home. A rival School. A school that my husband and I both participated against. A school that is substandard and not as good as the one they attend now (in my opinion). I was informed my junior next year could possibly go to the school via school choice "possibly". Then my daughter who is embedded in the Springstead ROTC program will have a minimal chance of getting in with school choice. So now my husband and I have a choice. Fill out the paperwork and hope both teens make school choice. Pull our kids out and put them in virtual school. Or move back into Springsteads school zone which is most likely what's going to happen. Sorry I am venting but seriously 3 miles or 9 miles it's ridiculous.
I was also asked why I didn't go to any if the meetings. I was never given a notice on them.