KEEP CALM AND LOVE FLORIDA
4. Besides the weather that can be a pain in the butt we also have trees that can kill you! There is a tree that is called the Manchineel Tree that is native to Florida that is so poisonous that if any rainwater was to hit you coming off this tree it would burn your skin. Then we have tree gators as well. That's right folks not only is the Gators in the water they can get into the trees as well. We even have people crazy enough to throw gators threw the windows of drive-through restaurants.
6. You pray to the air conditioner! Now I have friends and family who live in northern states and they don't get why I need an Air conditioner year round when they don't use their a lot at all. Oh, sweeties spend a few weeks in Florida and you will know the reason why.
7. As a kid in Florida we get some of the BEST field trips and as adults, we love chaperoning those amazing field trips. Such as but not limited to NASA, St Augustine, Theme Parks. Swimming with the Manatees, Boating down the rivers. Yes, we are adults, but hey, if we can get a trip with our kids and can act like a kid ourselves its win-win situation!
8. Genetically engineered bugs and animals. Love bugs are not lovely and mosquitoes are annoying. That's not including snacks, gators, and sharks in the water. However, if you are a true Floridian you know how to act where to avoid and what to do. Oh, and if you were looking for peace and quiet, well sweetie, let me inform you now that our wildlife will give you the song of their people A LOT! The frogs are very vocal and so are the crickets, especially after a brief nighttime rain which happens about every night!
10. You know in Florida we are separated into groups! North. Central. South. When you are talking to someone you will need to know the difference as each area has different things to do. Also, there is a big college rivalry here as well and each college is in a different area. School yourself to be safe!
11. We do casual around these parts really well and you will own more Flip Flops, Sandals, Bathing suits than any other piece of clothing. If you are a person wanting to be a local this is a fact. Just come to the sunny side of Florida we have cookies!
12 In Florida, we have trust issues due to the weather! Oh, you think I am joking! Seriously, it will be sunny and bright in the front yard and then it will be storming in the backyard! Also, you think you're going to look out your window and the weather is the same as it was ten minutes ago, that's adorable. Last night I went to do my nightly walk and it got pushed back three times because it started raining again.
14. We get cold if the weather dips below 70
15. The heat and humidity are the reasons most ladies in Florida avoid makeup and wear out hair in ponytails! We also recognize a heated seat belt as a dangerous object!
16. The day and nighttime skies are beautiful and almost everyone wants to paint or photograph them.
17. Want to try out churches? We have A LOT of them around as well as synagogue's and you can almost always find a Wiccan or Faith healer! I even know of a handful of Voodoo and Hoodoo groups around as well. Religion, regardless of what type of big in Florida! You just have to know where to look!
>18. We believe in the paranormal and have a town based on it! Come to visit Cassedega Florida and see what it's all about. However pretty much any area in Florida is haunted. We have some strong history here and we can tell you handfuls of ghost stories and where to go find some yourself. A shout out to our local
Blessings and Hope to you all!