As a parent, I have often felt the struggle of not being a good enough mom. I love my five children with my whole heart. As a mom I have hit the stage where the first part of my heart has left the nest and is making a nest of her own with her Husband and my first Grandbaby (arriving this winter). Now I am living at home with not one but four teenagers.
Today one of the four decided to play me against my husband to start a fight because she didn't want to do as she was told. I fell for it hook line and sinker. I went as far as calling my husband in tears because of the way she was acting. My husband, after listening to me cry and rant then called her and put his foot down. God I was stupid. Mom's know you are not alone in this, I swear I never felt so insecure. This child of mine played me because she didn't want to do as I asked plain and simple. She hit my insecurities because she wanted her way instead of doing what I needed her to do.
Then she started a fight between the hubby and me to get her way. I am thankful that the hubby is great at cooling me down. Remember mom's you are not alone in this struggle. We are here for you. Oh the fight in case you were wondering was over the fact that she feels that dishes are beneath her and she shouldn't of has to do them. That's why I am here. Yes, I said it that's why this all started. Because to her Mom translates to Maid.
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Friday, August 11, 2017
Ok, Anyone who knows me will testify I am a Pinterest junkie! (Shameless plug follow me here!) But me being a pinning junkie works out for you as well because this Mama has found 11 links to some easy weeknight dinners to get you through the beginning of school and all those great fall activities. REMEMBER show these amazing pinners some love and smash that follow button!
- Easy Cheesy Taco Pasta :This recipe looks like one I used to cook. I will be adding it to my cooking list very soon.
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Foil Packets : I have made this before! They are super easy and you can prep ahead of time and bake in the oven when your ready.
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas: I have made these and they are awesome! For easier cleanup make sure you line your pan with foil. Best thing is you can prep everything the day before and be ready to cook.
- Lasagna Roll-Ups : These are great. The best thing is you can make a bunch at one time and freeze them. When I have made these I buy a few small baking pans to reuse from the Dollar Tree to make and freeze these in groups of eight or ten Roll-Ups to a pan. Bake 1 hr or so in oven and you have a great dinner.
- Quick and Easy Meat Ball Sliders : Super easy to prepare and make!
- French Dip Sliders : Another quick and easy meal you can prep ahead of time.
- Quick and Easy Chicken Lo Mein: Who doesn't like homemade Chinese food? Plus this recipe can be prepped ahead of time!
- Doritos Taco Salad : This was bought to a potluck at work and it was so good. I even switched out the beef when I made it for a chicken option. This salad is addictive.
- Cheezy Goulash : This is a easy quick meal to make. My Grams used to make this for my Poppy and he loved it.
- Crockpot Baked Potatoes : This is a easy prepped ahead meal. If you dont have a crockpot go buy one because the time saved is worth every penny spent.
- Shepards Pie : Another great prepped ahead meal. Yes, This meal is freezable for up to 3 months as well.
There you go two weeks of school night dinners plus a spare to help any super busy time crunched mom(or dad). Any comments or suggestions please leave it in the feed below. Good luck with your school kick off.
Blessings and Hugs,
Monday, August 7, 2017
I am one of those people who love the fall. I love everything from the cooler weather to the different colors that come up. I know i am not alone because my Pinterest board for Fall has a massive following. Some people look at Fall in a way things die off and go into a slumber. For me it heralds "out with the old in with the new". While I wait patiently for the end of 99 degree weather I will look forward to cooler days and longer nights that only fall can provide.